Oftentimes, I always never look forward to the weekend because I mostly just stay indoors, maybe because of lack of friends nearby or I just love my sleep.
Unfortunately none of those reasons work, I love me a good weekend with lots of sleep too but hell yeah a good weekend. How was I able to cure my boring weekends? I made a list of what I can do, I got ideas from friends and also online which I’m going to be sharing with you.
Here’s a list to help free you from boredom without emptying your wallet this weekend;
- Write Out Your Bucket List and Pick One to Do Brainstorm ideas for all the things you want to do in life, and pick one to do this weekend.
- Go to the Park You can take your family or go with a friend for a family picnic or with your date or friends. Throw a picnic lunch together and find a shady spot to enjoy the day with your loved ones. There are several free parks around the area. Time to talk and get to know things about each other, talk about the previous week and experiences and also play games e.g board games, question games, etc
- Watch the Sunset Find a great spot in your community to catch the sunset or outside your yard, take your chair or mat, you can add music to liven up the place or just enjoy the silence
- Play Board Games and Card Games Invite friends over for some board games like Monopoly or Scrabble, or find new board games to play also card games like whot, and the likes
- Do a Road walk/ drive With Friends Get some friends together, divide into sets and go on a road walk around your community or a drive and relaxing at a spot. The first one back with all things on the list wins! Losers have to buy snacks for the group
- Throw a B.Y.O.E. Party This stands of Bring Your Own Everything. It’s a cut your coat according to your size kind of party or a list will be sent out to guest and Guests are encouraged to bring food and drinks to share. Invite Your Neighbors Over it seems harder to get to know our neighbors. Invite them over for dinner or dessert and make an effort to know more about them.
- Get Ice Cream This could be alone or one or two friends, Hit up your local ice cream shop and indulge in your favorite dish.
- Make a Romantic Dinner Plan a romantic, candlelight dinner for your spouse or loved one. Romance need not be expensive!
- Go to the Museum or Zoo For people like me that never got to visit the zoo in school you could visit one or the museums, pack your own lunch and avoid the unnecessary extras
- Pretend You’re a Tourist in Your Community Most folks rarely visit their own city’s tourist attractions. Take a weekend be a tourist in your own town or visit new area/ community you never visited. You might find something interesting
- Go to the Beach Hit the sandy shores for a party, little rest and relaxation.
- Rearrange the Furniture in Your House One of my favorite chore, I find delight in doing this. I see thing I forgot I own. I always love the new look and feel of the room. Rearranging furniture doesn’t cost anything and adds a new flair to your place.
- Clean Out Your Closet and Donate to the needy Go through your closets and declutter. Find items you can donate to your local Goodwill or younger ones.
- Take a Free Online Class For those who love to study, there are plenty of free online classes you could take to improve your skills in a certain area. Try your hand at investment classes if that interests you!
- Write Out Your Life Plan and Set Three New Goals for Yourself This one will take some thought but will be well worth it. Related to the life plan is setting three new goals you’d like to accomplish in the new six to twelve months…and write them down!
- Plant a Garden If you got free space in your yard, you can make a garden box or even an herb garden if you don’t have much room.
- Write a Letter to a Family Member, yourself or partner When is the last time you sat down and wrote a letter? There’s something magical and nostalgic about the written word on paper. Send a letter to someone you haven’t talked to in a while, a family member or your spouse tell them how much you love them.
- Go Dancing Grab a few friends, put those dancing shoes on, and hit the local club.