A lot of people experience anxiety on Sundays which people term as “Sunday Scaries or blues”, for a variety of reasons, the common reason would be the anticipation of the workweek ahead, unfinished work from the previous week a boring weekend. Sundays fee like the end of freedom to do whatever you want.
How to manage “Sunday blues”
1. Eat good: prepare yourself a nice meal or take yourself out. It may be the last good meal for the week.
2. Relax: Breath and meditate to calm your mind Take some time to be present and focus on what you’re currently doing. Get involve with what’s currently going on in your life, be mindful and focus.
3. Plan Ahead: start ahead by organizing your calendar for work and for after work and create a to do list. Having a plan in place can help to reduce feelings of uncertainty and anxiety about the new week.
4. Have a meal plan: Remember food and water is life, have your food 0lan for the week so you don’t Starve yourself. if it’s 1-1-1, 1-0-1 or 1-1-0 you do, plan for it, nourish yourself with enough nutrients that will give you strength.
5. Do something you enjoy: Take some time for self-care activities, such as a relaxing bath, reading a book, dancing, listening to music, or practicing yoga.
6. Exercise: this can help to reduce anxiety and release endorphins, which can boost your mood. Take a walk, hit the gym or do some yoga
7. Hangout: Sunday is a good day to Spend time with friends or family and also to make that connection with long forgotten friend. This is a mood booster since everyone has this phase.
These tips can help you feel more in control and less overwhelmed but learn how to deal with your Sunday anxiousness for the opportunity to enjoy and have a good weekend.